This course introduces participants to how they can transform the building blocks of the Bank’s Operational Risk Management Programs into a cohesive Operational Risk Management Strategy. It will examine Operational Risk Management at a medium to advance level, highlighting the current and emerging practices in the Operational Risk Management discipline, and the Organizational, Regulatory and Governance factors that affect how a Financial Institution addresses Operational Risk.
The course will equip participants to build a solid conceptual foundation and apply this in practice through hands-on case studies, group discussions, debates and exercises, creating an avenue for critical ideas to be shared and expanded on.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- To clarify roles and responsibilities with respect to operational risk management
- To create awareness about operational risk management tool- sets get them to be transparent through honest and objective self-reporting
- Show process owners what is in it for them to use these tools in taking charge of their operational risk management responsibilities with the attendant positive correlation to achieving other objectives
- To gain line staff managers and supervisors buy-in, approval and honest involvement in operational risk management and its embedment in their respective areas of responsibility.
- Understand the governance structures, systems, procedures and cultural aspects necessary for an organisation to successfully manage operational risk.
- Benchmark their ERM practices against the ERM framework in order to measure their present practices stand-up to industry standards
- Learn how to align risk appetite and strategy
- Enhance risk response decisions and reduce operational surprises and losses
- Build a knowledge of the main techniques for the measurement and quantification of operational risk and their relative merits and drawbacks.
- Appreciate the approaches available to a bank under Basel III for the calculation of regulatory capital for operational risk and the supervisory requirements for each approach.
- Learn how to identify and monitor Key Risk Indicators.
Course model ⓘ: Blended
Available training dates:
- 30th September to 2nd of October 2020 (Register)
- 18th to 20th of November 2020 (Register)
- 16th to 18th of December 2020 (Register)
Go back to the full course calendar